Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hello, Friends, Acquantences, and DOA Community

My name is Clay Awesmic.  Some call me Clay, and some call me Awesmic. I'm just your average joe living in a quiet neighborhood in Stockbridge, Georgia... I love video games, I love wrestling, I love collecting, and I love anime (shameless Sailor Moon fan alert BTW), but particularly in the DOA community, I'm identified as an individual who loves Christie as a character in the Dead or Alive series, and have been fascinated with her since her debut in Dead or Alive 3. However, I began playing the character competitively in the fighting games since Dead or Alive 4 - as well as getting to know the competitive community - since 2005. Some say I'm decent, others say I'm a fraud, and plenty say that I'm weird. But one thing is certain, I never drop Christie, and I'm still learning.  I've decided to take the indirect advice of a few friends and express myself through a blog, 'cause Facebook is too mainstream... j/k

There have been recurring events within the DOA community that have recently put me in deep thought-- about criticism, about my fears, everything.  My purpose in this blog is to let everything out, as I have a bad habit of bottling up my feelings and holding grudges, and Facebook - from what I've observed - just isn't the best outlet for these kind of vents and expressions.  You guys won't have to wait long though, because later today, I'll be touching on a topic that a friend of mine - J.D.E. - discussed in his blog a while back, and expand on it by a solution that personally worked for me.  Hopefully it'll reach out to those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment